Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A PRAYER IN NEW ENGLAND

~ by Ramson Lomatewama (Silent Winds - Poetry of a Hopi)



I am alone

yet

in the presence of the creator.

I feel the creation force that surrounds me.

I am a part of it.



Hear me, you who stands alone.

I have come to talk.

Be at peace, for I come with a humble heart.

I am one among you.



Spruce trees

you are strong

you are quiet

your branches outstreched.

the clouds rest on your branches.



I am I

a part of nature

a part of your creation.

Hear me. You who guides the life path.

Let the spruce trees bear witness.



I ask for wisdom

for the sake of our children.

I ask for quidance

for the sake of mine own.

Lead me in the days to come.



For I am I.



Your servant.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis